Wednesday, October 15, 2014

KMART!!! =(

The big sign with the letter K, recognized anywhere. The aisles upon aisles of random merchandise. The talks of the blue light special going around. The place where my pajamas come from. Kmart. I will miss you. Why do you have to go? The store near me stood strong, toughing everything out, but now, it too has fallen. Now it is just an empty warehouse with nonreturnable memories.

I remember running through the aisles, peaking in between and under shelves. The first time I tried on a bra. When I got a pair of "winter" pajamas. Blue pants and a sweater with two cats on it. The cats were wearing crowns and sitting on a red, plush pillow. Wwwhhhyyyyy Kmart? Whyyyyy? Now, these memories are just that. Only memories. Of one of the awesomest stores. They will never be recreated. They are all gone. And I never even had closure! 

Kmart had such low prices. Kmart had everything that you could think of owning. Why did it have to be crushed? It has been around for decades. Whereas the new and "hip" stores - only a couple of years. Why does the tried and true have to substitute new rubbish junk? Why can't shoppers see the beckoning and holy light of the big K?

Kmart, I will miss you so much. I wish you could come back. I wish I could still walk into your store, browse the aisles. If you ever do come back, I promise to never window shop from you ever again. I will ALWAYS buy something..... But these are only speculations. I miss you, Kmart. It is too hard to say good bye!
=(

No comments:

Post a Comment