Thursday, September 11, 2014

Luvin Britney and Other Ishness

I love 90s and early 00s Britney Spears. I do. Even though nowadays people seriously look down on her, and others adore her now. Idk, I feel like the now Britney is eh. But seriously, I love her young teenage self. (Bree, do you even know what you sound like? Yup. I do. Eh, whatever.) And listening to her dropping hints EVERYWHERE and even coming out with a song about it, the whole crisis should have been seen coming. But I'm not going to get into that. Yuck yuck yuck. (Unless it was a conspiracy: the meltdown was planned by her managers and producers waaaay in advance in order to keep the media's eye on her as she goes bonk, and then builds up again, which does sound actually VERY realistic. Hmmmmm.) 

Anyway, her dancing and her voice in Drive Me Crazy just aaaaah. Amazing. And there is Sabrina, the teenage witch in the video! But her live performance in Hawaii waaaay back when, yeah. I keep watching that over and over and over again. And I looove that dancer in the blue tank top with the shell necklace. Hehe. The one that stands right next to her. Didn't he appear in the Baby One More Time music video, too? Idk. Wish I knew his name. Back to the actual dancing, she is and was definitely a performer. The energy in every song, every dance, every video is contagious. Her dancers' energy also just soaks through, and energy EVERYWHERE. So contagious. It drives me crazy. Whenever anybody is with her, they loose their minds, and it is toxic. Yup, references. Three, actually. Oops, I did it again. :( :) :3

Britney sure knows and always knew how to dance. I wish I had teenager Britney's moves. Man, I am nostalgic now for a decade I barely even lived in. Meh. Oh well. 

I feel like the pop culture of one decade builds off the previous one. (Le, duh. Hello Captain Obvious) But when one misses exposure to the pop culture in one's decade of birth, (like sooomebody here did), they are doomed growing up in the next decade simply because they are out of the loop. But it is true, the 00s were a weird decade, actually. Just looking back. They were just like: "Uuuh well there were the 60s and the 70s and the 80s and the 90s... now what do we do? let's just go with it and... try to be not as awkward as.... actually eff it." Wacko. 


Update: I actually DID find out his name: TJ Espinoza. Yup. Thank you Britney tour. But there is A LOT of scoop on him, actually. And stuff going around. MAN he was an amazing dancer with a beautiful face. :O 

No comments:

Post a Comment